Our free workshops are held in person at the HALCO office/Specialty Legal Clinic Co-op, 55 University Avenue, 15th Floor Room C2, Toronto (just south of King Street West and the fully accessible St. Andrew subway station). The workshops in this series are:
- Refugees and Permanent Residents: How Can You Lose Your Status in Canada? How Can You Apply for Canadian Citizenship? workshop on Wednesday November 8, 2017, 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Presenter: Meagan Johnston, HALCO Staff Lawyer.
- HIV Disclosure and the Law: Criminal and Public Health Issues workshop on Tuesday November 14, 2017, 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Presenter: Ryan Peck, HALCO Executive Director and Lawyer.
- What Happens If You Are Arrested? Workshop on Thursday November 30, 2017, 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Presenter: Theodore Mercado, Staff Lawyer, Criminal Duty Counsel, Legal Aid Ontario.
- Child Protection – What You Need to Know workshop on Tuesday December 5, 2017, 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Presenter: Paula McGirr, Staff Lawyer, Legal Aid Ontario.
- Ontario Disability Support Program Update workshop, Tuesday December 12, 2017, 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Presenter: Jill McNall, HALCO Community Legal Worker (licensed paralegal).
Everyone is welcome to attend any of these general interest workshops but space is limited so Registration is required.
How to Register: Please include your name, your contact information, your organization (if any), and the titles of the workshop(s) that you would like to attend:
- Phone 416-340-7790 or toll-free 1-888-705-8889 (or FAX to 416-340-7248)
Please avoid wearing scents or fragrances when coming to our offices. Our offices are accessible. If you require other disability accommodation, please contact us. We regret that our budget does not permit us to provide refreshments or transportation assistance.
For more information or to request other workshops, please contact us.
You can find all the information in this printable flyer (pdf): www.halco.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/HALCO_Free_Workshop_Series_2017-Nov-Dec.pdf